N.I.P (Nature Insecurity Poncho)
A piece inspired and completed at the Headlands Center for the Arts residency program this March and April of 2008. N.I.P. allows the wearer to work inside, where it is colder in the Bay Area, and then transform outside to lying on a blanket. The inside is 'camouflaged' with grass to blend into the outdoor environment, and allows a city dwelling user to lie in the grass without fear of bugs and wetness.
It is also a metaphor for individual personality types. Closed; it acts as a shield, where the person might not want to open up to other people around that they are not familiar with. Outside there are no people around, and the individual "opens up" to nature.
http://www.headlands.org/


3 Comments:
N to the I to the P! Pretty cool. Does it protect from doggies that hump your leg? That is a major insecurity of mine.
-Allen
10:00 AM
No, that would be a different project all together! But wholly needed!
3:33 PM
your work is quite lovely. I look forward to our circus time together!
-Greta
2:17 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home